Edited by: Kellie Jez
Great Card If
- You operate a business that has a lot of large expenses
- You’re looking for a card that offers perks like no foreign transaction fees, free employee cards, and cell phone protection
Don’t Get If
- You want a card that earns transferable rewards
- You want a card that has a lower annual fee
Ink Business Premier Card — Is It Worth It?
While many cards on the market offer 2% cash-back on all purchases, stepping that up a notch and offering 2.5% cash-back on purchases over $5,000 is exceptional and makes the Ink Business Premier card a standout for business owners that frequently make purchases over this size.
Further, the card offers several benefits that business owners are sure to love. For starters, many cash-back credit cards charge foreign transaction fees, while the Ink Business Premier card does not, making it a great option for business owners who often make international purchases.
Cardholders will also enjoy perks like cell phone protection, purchase protection, rental car insurance, free employee cards, and much more. Put simply, if you’re a business owner that is looking for an excellent all-around cash-back rewards card, then the Ink Business Premier card would be a great option.
Ink Business Premier Card Top Benefits
With your Ink Business Premier card, you’ll receive the following card protections:
- Cell Phone Protection: Receive up to $1,000 per claim against covered theft or damage for you and your employees listed on your monthly cell phone bill when you pay it with your Ink Business Premier card (maximum of 3 claims in a 12-month period with a $100 deductible per claim).
- Purchase Protection: Purchases made with your card are covered for 120 days from the purchase date against damage or theft for up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account.
- Extended Warranty Protection: Receive 1 year of warranty coverage added on eligible warranties of 3 years or less on items purchased with your card.
- Rental Car Insurance: Receive primary rental car coverage when you decline the rental company’s insurance and pay for your rental car with your Ink Business Premier card.
Free Employee Cards
While the annual fee for your primary Ink Business Premier card is $195, there is no fee to add additional employee cards. This is a great feature for business owners that have employees who make purchases on behalf of the business and allows you to make sure you’ll be earning 2% to 2.5% cash-back on purchases your employees make as well.
Best Way To Earn and Redeem Cash-Back Rewards
To rack up as much cash-back as possible, you’ll want to use your Ink Business Premier card for every business expense you possibly can. You’ll especially want to use it on transactions of $5,000 or more to earn 2.5% cash-back. Of course, you’ll still earn 2% cash-back on all other card purchases as well. Don’t forget that the card also earns 5% back on travel purchased through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal for your business travel needs.
When you’re ready to redeem your cash-back rewards, you’ll have 4 options for doing so. The first is as a statement credit to offset card purchases, or as a deposit to your linked bank account, with no redemption minimum. You can also redeem your cash-back through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal, to purchase Apple products through Chase, or for gift cards from over 150 merchants.
Alternative Cards to the Ink Business Premier Card
Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card
If you’re looking for an excellent cash-back business card without an annual fee, then the Ink Business Unlimited card is worthy of consideration. With it, you’ll earn an uncapped 1.5% back on all purchases, with no need to worry about maximizing card bonus categories.
Further, it offers perks like free employee cards, purchase protection, rental car insurance, extended warranty coverage, and more.
See how these card compare here: Ink Business Premier card vs. Ink Business Unlimited card
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Those who want a business credit card that earns flexible rewards shouldn’t overlook the Ink Business Preferred card.
It is a strong point earner offering 3x points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable, and phone services, and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines.
When you’re ready to redeem those rewards you can do so for cash-back at a rate of 1 cent per point, through the Chase travel portal at a rate of 1.25 cents per point, or receive even more value through one of the many Chase Ultimate Rewards transfer partners.
Not to mention that it offers several great benefits like no foreign transaction fees, free employee cards, cell phone protection, purchase protection, extended warranty coverage, and rental car insurance.
Read more in our full comparison of these 2 cards: Ink Business Premier card vs. Ink Business Preferred card
We’ve also compared the Ink Business Premier card to these popular credit cards:
- Ink Business Premier card vs. American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card
- Ink Business Premier card vs. The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
- Ink Business Premier card vs. Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
- Ink Business Premier card vs. The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
- Ink Business Premier card vs. American Express® Business Gold Card
Frequently Asked Questions
Disclaimer: Any comments listed below are not from the bank advertiser, nor have they been reviewed or approved by them. No responsibility will be taken by the bank advertiser for these comments.